Let's practice English or French conversation here!

Here you can speak (in english) about game creation with RPG Maker or similar tools.
Giro Noden
Koruldia Divinity

Message non lu par Giro Noden » mer. oct. 14, 2009 5:24 pm

Yes, the 31 too, of course :) !
Giro

Decadis
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par Decadis » mer. oct. 14, 2009 5:45 pm

'Key, that would have been weird x)

Uuum, I'll be real busy during these two weeks of holidays, because of schoolwork and the projects I have to do for my art class with a friend...
I think we decide to do it the 30, because we need a friend of ours to help us but he isn't here before the 29...

But I'm pretty sure that the 31st I'll be down in Tours' street, dressed as something that'll freak out poor grannies and children x) (In other word: I'll be out in Tours, disguised for Halloween with my friends)

I you want to meet up with me, don't be afraid :D
Aaaah que le monde est petit...

Vengeur
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par Vengeur » mer. oct. 14, 2009 9:33 pm

Blue > Erf, even if the whole lake was frozen (and I don't think it happens often :) ), it would be a long road !
"To me — absurdity is the only reality. " Frank Zappa

Blue
KoruTeam
KoruTeam

Message non lu par Blue » jeu. oct. 15, 2009 12:05 am

Vengeur a écrit :Blue > Erf, even if the whole lake was frozen (and I don't think it happens often :) ), it would be a long road !
That's when it becomes fun ^^ ! A hike on the lake is just amazing ! I have some friends who actually went icebraking-canoeing and apparently it was really nice (I was in bed with a cold that day I couldn't join them -arrrf) !

By the way did you get accepted in the band :P ? (I do have a good memory for random things lol)
~~~~ Blue ~~~

Josh
Koruldia Hunter

Message non lu par Josh » jeu. oct. 15, 2009 3:55 am

Actually they say it would take 3 hours on a ferry to get to canada, 1 and half if high speed ferry.

Giro Noden
Koruldia Divinity

Message non lu par Giro Noden » jeu. oct. 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Decadis a écrit :'Key, that would have been weird x)

Uuum, I'll be real busy during these two weeks of holidays, because of schoolwork and the projects I have to do for my art class with a friend...
I think we decide to do it the 30, because we need a friend of ours to help us but he isn't here before the 29...

But I'm pretty sure that the 31st I'll be down in Tours' street, dressed as something that'll freak out poor grannies and children x) (In other word: I'll be out in Tours, disguised for Halloween with my friends)

I you want to meet up with me, don't be afraid :D
But i don't really know if i could...
Because i'm in a Kendo stage, so i will probably give you the adress, and at the end, we could talk a bit ^^ !
Giro

Decadis
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par Decadis » jeu. oct. 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Well I'm not sure I'll be able to neither, because I'll be really busy and my friend just said to me she didn't have any idea about the day we'll work on the art project... But you can gimme the adress an hour, and I'll see... I'll tell you if I know more about the days I'll be free (:

I didn't even know there was a dojo in Tours Oo

Giro Noden
Koruldia Divinity

Message non lu par Giro Noden » jeu. oct. 15, 2009 5:26 pm

In all the big cities in france i think there is a dojo, but Tours has a very good one, the sensei is 7 dan Kyoshi, so the upper grade you can find outside of Japan.
Giro

Decadis
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par Decadis » jeu. oct. 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Oh wow, didn't know that. I don't know where it is, tough. You got the adress?

Vengeur
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par Vengeur » jeu. oct. 15, 2009 8:44 pm

Blue > Actually they told me that I was their new guitarist... But just before we rehearsed for the first time, the bassist left the band. So we were only 3, and finding good bassists in this kind of music is nearly impossible (they all play funk, jazz, ... groovy things you see).
And, myself and the guitarist/singer are both from Nantes, and the drummer is in an other town, about 50 kms away... driving 100 km a week, not being so expensive, was just an other fact that led the band to split... without asking my opinion....
So i'm still looking for a band !

Blue
KoruTeam
KoruTeam

Message non lu par Blue » ven. oct. 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Josh a écrit :Actually they say it would take 3 hours on a ferry to get to canada, 1 and half if high speed ferry.

Actually I think it only takes 2 and a half hours or 1 hour at high speed. It's just that they take half an hour at the customs every time and they have to include it in the time it takes. It's so that you can plan your trip without 30 mins delay because you didn't know for the customs. (I know it works like that for trains and buses but I'm not sure for the ferry,... you can check that if you ever take it :P)
So in conclusion it's not that bad ! You can probably get to canada after a day of walking ! Great isn't it ? (Not that there's any point going there as it's not that different from the States, but it must be fun walking in the middle of the lake and feeling like you're in the middle of nowhere lol). And plus, you don't need to go through customs so it saves you 30 mins loool. :stupide: (Right, I think I'm just gonna go back to bed... just in case I start saying any extra useless stuff)

Vengeur > Bad luck :( Well, I guess bands are not difficult to find... Although good bands are probably harder to find. So you're really planning to leave the band if you find a another one :P ? After all that trouble getting into the band ? :P
~~~~ Blue ~~~

Giro Noden
Koruldia Divinity

Message non lu par Giro Noden » ven. oct. 16, 2009 5:33 pm

http://kendo37.over-blog.com/pages/Hora ... 06202.html

I think it is here !
If you want, you just can go to see what it is exactly.
Giro

Decadis
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par Decadis » ven. oct. 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Oh wow, that's pretty much the OPPOSITE from where I live oO... Tours Nord, I live in the South of the city...

Vengeur
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par Vengeur » ven. oct. 16, 2009 9:42 pm

Blue > In fact, it is. I believe it would not be difficult to find a "Californian punk rock" teenagers band, but that's not what I'm looking for... I'm a guitarist, and guitar is one of the most played instruments... when someone's looking for a guitar player, no doubt he's going to find a excellent one, 2 hours after making his announcement.
When there's one, every guitarist gets competing with every other to be the one who will be in the band...

The band I was accepted in doesn't exist anymore !
I don't know if I'll find an other one, and whether I want to...

Josh
Koruldia Hunter

Message non lu par Josh » sam. oct. 17, 2009 5:42 am

Blue a écrit :
Josh a écrit :Actually they say it would take 3 hours on a ferry to get to canada, 1 and half if high speed ferry.

Actually I think it only takes 2 and a half hours or 1 hour at high speed. It's just that they take half an hour at the customs every time and they have to include it in the time it takes. It's so that you can plan your trip without 30 mins delay because you didn't know for the customs. (I know it works like that for trains and buses but I'm not sure for the ferry,... you can check that if you ever take it :P)
So in conclusion it's not that bad ! You can probably get to canada after a day of walking ! Great isn't it ? (Not that there's any point going there as it's not that different from the States, but it must be fun walking in the middle of the lake and feeling like you're in the middle of nowhere lol). And plus, you don't need to go through customs so it saves you 30 mins loool. :stupide: (Right, I think I'm just gonna go back to bed... just in case I start saying any extra useless stuff)
I could swim the lake but not walk it, plus that would really exhausting and lonely. I'll stick with land ;)

Dentelle127
Koruldia Master

Message non lu par Dentelle127 » sam. oct. 17, 2009 9:28 pm

Josh a écrit :I could swim the lake but not walk it, plus that would really exhausting and lonely. I'll stick with land ;)
Hmmm... when I was a child, I heard on TV that children walked on a frozen lake, and then the ice broken... and childen died (swimming in a frozen lake is very dangerous :( ). Is it already happened in your country? (just that the lake freezes each winter... or whatever)
Anyway, nice area!
Vengeur a écrit :I'm a guitarist, and guitar is one of the most played instruments...
Absolutely right, keyboards too. (not "piano", just "keyboards"...)
Mostly, bands search bassists and drummers too... doublebass maybe, I'm not very sure, this is rare.
Hope you will find another great band! (I read in a hurry... hope I understood all things well!)

Decadis > You speak very well english I find :o! Do you learn it only in school???

Giro Noden > erf! Last time I came back to my parents home, I had to go to Tours (SNCF is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig shit >_<!!!!!!!), and unfortunately, it was the last time, I will go to Chartres next time! :( ...
Hope I'ld find one day to see you, it would be really interesting!! :)

I just regret that my english is a little bit clumsy sometimes! I'm ashamed... :(! (don't practise it everyday though... I was very null at school and I haven't really time now, what a cr*ps thing!!)

Decadis
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par Decadis » sam. oct. 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Denty>> Hey, thanks ^-^ Well, I've pretty much learned by myself, you can't learn that much in school, beside irregular verbs and conjugations... And that's not all that's need to speak common english or have a conversation. Vocabulary and expressions, you can't learn that another way than read books or whatever. I've read books in english by myself for 4 or 5 years, something like that. I rather read in english than in French, btw :] And at school, i'm in english class and err... (Anglais LV1 et Anglais spé, quoi ><)

Giro Noden
Koruldia Divinity

Message non lu par Giro Noden » sam. oct. 17, 2009 11:29 pm

I will go to Paris one day, just for meet people of the hub, hopefully we could find a good time to meet us !

Decadis > So you will, or not ?
Giro

Decadis
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par Decadis » dim. oct. 18, 2009 9:48 am

"Just to meet!" I explained the difference between "for" and "to" earlier! è_é

And I don't know if I'll be able to meet up with you, which day?

Giro Noden
Koruldia Divinity

Message non lu par Giro Noden » dim. oct. 18, 2009 1:06 pm

I have send to you the date and the adress, so it is your choice now :)
And i don't know why i have put a "for"... Sometimes i don't understand myself...
Giro